The Legion of the Blue Blade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Legion of the Blue Blade

Forum of the 'Guild Wars' guild, The Legion of the Blue Blade

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inUW FARMING Gwiconpy4

UW FARMING

Go down 
+3
Litle Healing Monk
Zharx
Dismond Tiny
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dismond Tiny
Officer
Officer
Dismond Tiny

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Primary Character's Name: Lord Paris Skyle
Primary Profession: Monk
Level: 20

UW FARMING Empty
PostSubject: UW FARMING   UW FARMING Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 6:43 pm

I have recently started farming the Under World for ectos using the 55/SS combo. I was thinking of experimenting using a hero Necro (SS), and a Ranger (Barrager), while I am the 55. My build works well for another person, so what I am trying to ask is whether or not anyone has any suggestions for this.

Most thankful for all of you

Very Happy

~Dismond Tiny
Back to top Go down
Zharx
Elite Member
Elite Member
Zharx

Male Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Primary Character's Name: Zharx Exandras
Primary Profession: Assassin

UW FARMING Empty
PostSubject: Re: UW FARMING   UW FARMING Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 12:59 am

Instead of barrager maybe you could have a famine ranger or a trapper? It's a good idea but why not use real people instead of a hero/heroes? Good idea, hope it works Smile
Back to top Go down
Litle Healing Monk
Officer
Officer
Litle Healing Monk

Male Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2006-11-15

Primary Character's Name: Litle Healing Monk

UW FARMING Empty
PostSubject: Re: UW FARMING   UW FARMING Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 9:35 pm

SS/55 is a great combo.. Trapper can go solo... but if theres a ranger with the SS/55 combo and that ranger got the spirit which deals dmg everytime your energy reaches 0 then it would go faster.. (if i remember right its a spirit that have that effect... then theres no need for ss.. Zharx your a genius... now all i need is 2 figure the build for 2man.. and then a R/Me or Me/R AKA "test dummy"

This is gonna be evil.. cause Im almost sure it will work in FoW.. With the solo monk FoW build and the SS and then the ranger.. + a few changes.. all i need is 20mins of your time... when the builds are done..
Back to top Go down
Dismond Tiny
Officer
Officer
Dismond Tiny

UW FARMING Empty
PostSubject: Re: UW FARMING   UW FARMING Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 2:43 pm

Very cool ideas, and the 55/SS is a great combo, agreed. Great sucess in the few days I have been doing it. As for Zharx, i would enjoy using a hero for the drops, all mine. Yes a little greedy but we all have mouths to feed. (Bad saying but makes the point.)

As for the Trapper, I dont rightly know what the build looks like or how to use one, so if anyone has one and is willing to post it, it would be very benificial to all.

What does the Solo FoW monk build look right or did I read that wrong?

Hope you all having a wonderful time, and once again thank you much.

For Now Peace,

Dismond Tiny (AKA: Charles)

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Litle Healing Monk
Officer
Officer
Litle Healing Monk

UW FARMING Empty
PostSubject: Re: UW FARMING   UW FARMING Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 6:12 pm

Well I'm also a greedy farmer or I was now I just lean back and do it with other people cause you get about the same amout of drops.. but if theres no1 around then i go solo with monk in either UW or FoW.. guess why I'm Litle Healing ->Monk<-

I'm not a... shit music ran out... I'm not a pro farmer but I manage 2 get a drop or 2 before I die.. I can farm with Warrior - Ranger - Necromancer - Monk - Assasin (when I had 1)... But well 2 make it short.. I solo FoW and UW when I'm alone or just bored... I guess you can find the builds at the forum cause there is or were an even greater monk than me when I was at my max..

And again I want 2 thank Drag for learning me how 2 duo in UW and Sparda for his solo UW build..

(Wish we could turn back time just 17years and 286days and 18hours and skip 3hours at that date but thats 2late now my next life will be as a monk daughter of Dwayna xP just kiddin.. just bored like hell now..)
Back to top Go down
Zharx
Elite Member
Elite Member
Zharx

UW FARMING Empty
PostSubject: Re: UW FARMING   UW FARMING Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 12:48 am

Dismond Tiny wrote:
Very cool ideas, and the 55/SS is a great combo, agreed. Great sucess in the few days I have been doing it. As for Zharx, i would enjoy using a hero for the drops, all mine. Yes a little greedy but we all have mouths to feed. (Bad saying but makes the point.)

Yeah, aren't we all. The problem with that is that you will get over 50% less drops. Enemies drop items for heroes and henchmen although you don't see it yourself. Also they have nerfed it ages ago where the more people you have there is less chance of a good or even any drop being dropped. So with 3 heroes that means you get 1/3 of the drops which is about 33% but with the less chance with more people, you get about 15%-20% of the drops...

A trapper is a ranger which has a full build of traps, skills related to traps (improves them, slows recharge time etc.) and lays them down. They lure the enemies/enemy and they run into the trap and a good trapper should take down over 3/4 health or kill them (Unless they have loads of hp or are in hm). They are usually /me.
This is something I have found but may not work because it old and may have been nerfed.
http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85114

Solo FoW is basically a 55hp monk with some running skills, Generally /D. They use the skills to run to a certain place and then once there farm for w/e they are farmin for.

(This is most I have ever written on a forum... lol! )
Back to top Go down
Litle Healing Monk
Officer
Officer
Litle Healing Monk

UW FARMING Empty
PostSubject: Re: UW FARMING   UW FARMING Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 7:36 am

Nice link that you have there.. but theres a way more easy build.. its a R/Me build including echo and arcane echo... So it's like this

Skills:
Echo Elite
Arcane Eho
Dust Trap
Barbed Trap
Quickening Zephyr
Energizing Wind
Serpents Quickness
Whirling Defense (May be replaced with rez if you are more than 1 person)

Attribues:
Expertise 12 (or more)
Wilderness Survival 16 (12+3+1)

Equipment:
A staff with +15 or +20 energy would be best since the traps arent cheap even with the high Expertise..

How 2 do it:
1. Move near the stairs in 1 of the 2 sites of the start in UW it shouldn't lure any Aaxtes.
2. Cast Serpents Quickness on yourself, then cast Quickening Zephyr, and finally Energizing wind.
3. Cast Echo, Dust Trap, Arcane Eho, Dust Trap, Dust Trap Barbed Trap.
4. When about 11 traps are at their place infront of the spirits then lure the Aaxtes with a bow or just get in range of them. Go behind the Sprits and lay a single ust trap and a bared tratand they should be dead.
5. Kill the nightmares if they should pop up (wand them no traps here)

NOTE: Keep Serpents Quickness up while laying traps for faster recharge.

This build kills everything Exept the Obsidan wurms since they dont move..

(6. Still got problems then PM me and I will show you how 2 do it.. I can do it every day after 2PM GMT.. And the weekends between 10AM and 8PM GMT)

For s you who don't understand tis build and dont wanna spend loads of cash learning how 2 solo with it.. *PM me and we go as a group of 2 or more down there and we all trap with that build or another build until you are sure that you can farm there...

* = Private Message (for keeping this Topic clean for help notes)

Woaw it's long when I look at it now.. Should i write the monk build for UW or/and FoW??
Back to top Go down
Zharx
Elite Member
Elite Member
Zharx

UW FARMING Empty
PostSubject: Re: UW FARMING   UW FARMING Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 9:58 am

Nice build Smile
Back to top Go down
Dismond Tiny
Officer
Officer
Dismond Tiny

UW FARMING Empty
PostSubject: Re: UW FARMING   UW FARMING Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 2:45 pm

Very cool build. As for the solo underworld monk, I was looking at it, and how does it now work with the nightmares disenchanting? Isn't that a big problem, or do you just have to be skillfull about it?

~Dismond Tiny
Back to top Go down
Litle Healing Monk
Officer
Officer
Litle Healing Monk

UW FARMING Empty
PostSubject: Re: UW FARMING   UW FARMING Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 11:56 am

Yea you have 2 watch out.. the sec you see a nightmare ou must run back 2 enchant again else you are meat in the matter of no time...
Back to top Go down
Gregory Knight
Elite Member
Elite Member
Gregory Knight

Male Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2006-09-02

Primary Character's Name: Gregory Knight
Primary Profession: Elementalist

UW FARMING Empty
PostSubject: Re: UW FARMING   UW FARMING Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 4:32 pm

I have an SS and all the necessary skills.
However, I have only completed Eye of the North, so this presents a problem.
I am working my way through NF at the moment and soon it will be done. When that happens, I can go from the Chantry of Secrets.
Next, I'll do Faction and go from... that place that I can't remember the name of.
Will and I plan to do every single mission of Prophecies together on our necros but we can't be bothered a lot of the time, so ToA will take a while.
I will be ready ASAP
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/find_your_own_way
Zharx
Elite Member
Elite Member
Zharx

UW FARMING Empty
PostSubject: Re: UW FARMING   UW FARMING Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 11:52 pm

Gregory Knight wrote:

Will and I plan to do every single mission of Prophecies together on our necros but we can't be bothered a lot of the time, so ToA will take a while.
Lol, that's the exact same thing Uri and I are doing... 2 Necros, prophecies, every mission together. xP
Back to top Go down
Uritaniun
Elite Member
Elite Member
Uritaniun

Male Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2006-09-26

Primary Character's Name: Uritaniun Louval

UW FARMING Empty
PostSubject: Re: UW FARMING   UW FARMING Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 9:00 am

And failing misserable may I add
Back to top Go down
Litle Healing Monk
Officer
Officer
Litle Healing Monk

UW FARMING Empty
PostSubject: Re: UW FARMING   UW FARMING Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 11:18 am

roflolwbic (rolling on the floor laughing out loud while biting in the carpet) (or how do i spell it?)
Back to top Go down
Litle Healing Monk
Officer
Officer
Litle Healing Monk

UW FARMING Empty
PostSubject: Re: UW FARMING   UW FARMING Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 12:44 pm

Hey.. soz for bringing this old post up... But!!! This weekend has been great.. and i know the guild prob wanna do this.. UW HM FULL RUN...

The Team
2 Elementalists
2 Monks
4 Ursans r8 or over.

or

2 Elementalists
2 Monks
1 Invisible assasin (i guess its called)
3 Ursans r8 or over.

I can provide all the builds for you.. But i need at least 2 people who are interrested in this.. And i would be happy if there were more than 2..

People who i guess will be interrested
William Knight - Xin Phi - Monk
Zharx - Zharx Exandras - Invisible Assasin / Ursan
Ainnia Auran - Ainnia Auran - Ursan
Dismond Tiny - Lord Paris Skyle - Elementalist
Uritaniun - Uritaniun Louval - Monk
Gregory Knight - Intoxication of Sin - Invisible Assasin / Ursan

I guess i got all the names right (forum - ingame name - Prof)

BTW I have no problem with new members at all ill be more than happy if you reply on this and want in.. And I'll try 2 get a team up and running..

UW in HM req 2-3 sets of consumables so we will try as NM the first time or 2 so everyone can get used 2 it...

The people above is people i have faith in and i know they can do the job well cause I have known them for a long time now and know that they can do a great job and I know they are what i will call pro or very skilled farmers
But this post is for everyone in the Legion and theres still 8 spaces open but I will PM these 6 guys ASAP and keep you updated on the team list..

As you all know I'm not in the guild and Ainnia got connection problems so he isn't either but we are good friends of the leaders and we both have been in The Legion for quite a while and have been farming with everything we have... Ask Will or Greg if ya don't trust me.. (and Ainnia you better not disagree xP if ya do i will kill you with "the scar eater")

Ursans can be runned by every prof so.
Don't be shy.
Just reply
Back to top Go down
Zharx
Elite Member
Elite Member
Zharx

UW FARMING Empty
PostSubject: Re: UW FARMING   UW FARMING Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 1:54 pm

Interesting run. I think it's invincible assassin. Sorry to correct spelling ^ ^. I would go as the assassin or monk and if I get my warrior up, ursan too. How long would a run take? I may be quite inactive due to things coming up, school and other random stuff. Also, are the monks HB monks and are eles nukers?
Back to top Go down
Litle Healing Monk
Officer
Officer
Litle Healing Monk

UW FARMING Empty
PostSubject: Re: UW FARMING   UW FARMING Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 11:39 pm

HB monks and no eles are terra tanks... a run will take about a hour.. made 1 in 1 hour and 4mins and then 1 in 1 hour and 26mins... but thats if everyone knows what 2 do and im gonna get a problem there cause i cant guide 3 groups..
Back to top Go down
William Knight
Administrator
Administrator
William Knight

Male Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2006-08-30

Primary Character's Name: William Knight
Primary Profession: Ranger

UW FARMING Empty
PostSubject: Re: UW FARMING   UW FARMING Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 4:50 am

In terms of the original idea of the barrage ranger, that might not be a good idea. Often they will pull the agro away from the 55 tank and get themselves killed, thats why the SS is so useful, it can pop off its hexes then run and hide whilst they go to work.

If you want to use a ranger it will have to be a famine ranger, so the SS will have to take ancestors'/sympathetic visage with them to cause energy loss.
Back to top Go down
Ainnia Auran
Poster
Poster
Ainnia Auran

Male Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Primary Character's Name: Ainnia Auran
Primary Profession: Dervish

UW FARMING Empty
PostSubject: Re: UW FARMING   UW FARMING Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:57 am

I...uhm....dis... no...agree with Litle. Would love to join you but i am still only r4 for ursan, and i have been having extremely bad lag atm using my phone but we will see Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Litle Healing Monk
Officer
Officer
Litle Healing Monk

UW FARMING Empty
PostSubject: Re: UW FARMING   UW FARMING Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:39 pm

im only rank 3 xP

Heh you can go monk or ele instead if you want.. jsut tell me then i go ursan or monk or ele acturely i can come as everything i jsut wanna know btw.. ill have the builds posted b4 my birthday i guess... btw ainnia i dunno if i have 2 kill you with the scar eater.. which would be a problem since the scar eater wont do enough dmg 2 you unless i get all the enchants from ele so i do fire ice and lightning dmg 2 you.. (dunno if thats possible im gonna find out.. uhm anyways.. where do you farm norn points?? cause now i only got a place where i get 1000points in 15mins and thats way 2 slow i wanna get them faster than this.. and my run can be done on a laggy computer cause its on normal and all you have 2 do is kill 100 foes then kill a few dragons which arent bosses anymore else i would get loads and loads of points.. which is really sad that they removed the 300+points from the bosses... but anyways I wanna know where you farm norn points and ill keep my promise ill have all the builds up and maybe with equipment but im really not sure if i can run the ele parts but im going 2 find out.. they should be pretty simple xP

SHORT VERSION
Ill have the builds up b4 my birthday...

AINNIA VERSION
I wanna know where you farm norn points

THE TROUBLESOME PART
I dunno if i can do the ele routes but ill try 2 figure out what where and when 2 do it..

JUST FOR FUN PART
8rolls of toiletpaper + a friends bf's screen = sooooo much fun!!! ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

UW FARMING Empty
PostSubject: Re: UW FARMING   UW FARMING Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UW FARMING
Page 1 of 1