The Legion of the Blue Blade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Legion of the Blue Blade

Forum of the 'Guild Wars' guild, The Legion of the Blue Blade

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inWorld of Warcraft VS Guild Wars Gwiconpy4

World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars

Go down 
+14
rangero zx9
The Mighty Meh
Zurrieq
bekul starshooter
Gregory Knight
Uritaniun
William Knight
Nexus Pilot
matthew x
Eliwood
Litle Healing Monk
atla rose
WoodyBoy
Dragonian
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragonian
Administrator
Administrator
Dragonian

Male Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2006-08-30

Primary Character's Name: Dragonian Wizzard
Primary Profession: Elementalist
Level: 20

World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars Empty
PostSubject: World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars   World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 4:14 am

I watched a games program and they had a special on MMORPG, and of course it was about Guild Wars and World of Warcraft and as all of you should know theres a war going on between them.

All this to say that Guild Wars is loosing by a long shot, WoW has over 6 million players and growing, i mean The Burning Crusade was launched not to long ago and 1500 copies came to Portugal...it was sold out by mid night that same day...

I dont have WoW, ive been playing on a mates account but im really thinking on getting one, Guild Wars has gotten boring for me and WoW last like for ever.

Heres some reasons WoW is better than GW:

- In GW u do PvP for the hell of it, u get no rewards (only Titles witch dont help anything), on WoW when u PvP it can be in a Battleground or in the wild, u get Honor and u use that same Honor to get Epic items (equivalent to GW greens).

- In GW once u leave a town or outpost unless u have a party u wont see a nother player, on WoW that will never happen.

- In GW u can get the best armor (stas wise) in the game from Droks and the only way u get armor is buying it, on WoW theres always better armor and the best ones u get from drops and theres 1000+ of armor pieces in the game so no one looks the same.

- Instances: These are dungeons very much like UW or FoW however its not has hard if u have a good party and if ur in the level range of that instance also in a instance each instance has its own copy of it, like when u leave a outpost in GW, thats makes it better has like that it takes team work to survive and no one can interfere, example:
Deadmines: its one of the 1st instance in the game, its for player at lvl17 to lvl22
Stockades: follow up from the Deadmines quests and for players lvl22 to lvl32

- Partys: in WoW theres 2 types of partys:
Normal: 5 people party usually for quests, elite bosses and level 50- instances.
Raids: Up to 80 people partys in these partys the Raid Leader organizes people in 5 man groups and promotes a player of each Group to Group Leader, these partys are used when Attacking a Horde city or Outpost and to try to conker a Contested region in PvP and high level instances and bosses like this one boss:
Ysondre: a lvl500 Huge! Dragon, she drops Epic armor and weapons and the recommended is a 40 man raid.

- Activity: Im in a quite crappy guild when u compare it to the Blue Blade, however theres always 20+ members online! and they for ever doing instances together and quests and all that, what u mean by this is that if a crappy unorganized guild can be this active imagine what a organized can do...

- Every 2-3 weeks theres a new free update with new quests, skills (sometimes), items, etc...

- New Characters: when creating a character on WoW u have a huge ammount of things to choose from:
Race: theres 10 races, 5 for the Alleince (Human, Night Elve, Dwarf, Gnome and Draenei) and 5 for the Horde (Orc, Troll, Tauren, Undead and Blood Elve)
Classes: there are a total of 9 profession's, Paladin, Druid, Mage, Hunter, Warrior, Shaman, Priest, Rogue and Warlock
Profession's: there are a total of 10 main profession's and 3 secondary ones a profession is a job u choose to make money or items for your self, you may only have 2 main ones (Alchemy, Blacksmithing, Enchanting, Engineering, Herbalism, Jewelcrafting, Leatherworking, Mining, Tailoring and Skinning) and you may have all 3 secondary ones (Cooking, Fishing and First Aid)

Anyways after all that writing ide like to say that over all WoW is better than GW...however nothing can be better than Blue Blade and so if anyone would like to play WoW i can get u guys a 10 day trial account...im thinking of making creating a guild...not a normal unorganized one, one with rules and authority where the the low ranked (4 low ranks) players have got to obey the high ranks (3 high ranks) and in partys the highest rank people is the leader and of course to have fun (WoW is great fun).

Anyways after all that publicity for WoW i hope u seriously think about trying WoW...ide love to have some of u guys as my officers.

Also Greg, Will if u ever decide to play WoW ill relinquish the leadership of the guild to u guys.

Guild WoW players:
Dragonian: Dragonwiz, Gnome Mage at Spinebreaker Realm
Atla Rose: Santium, Human Warlock

Update is in Cyran.

Last edited by on Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:27 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
WoodyBoy
Elite Member
Elite Member
WoodyBoy

Male Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2006-11-03

Primary Character's Name: Woodyboy X

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars   World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 4:47 am

WoW does sound good but I'm not keen on the idea of the paying £90 or so a year just to play a video game! Especially seeing as I'm still in school and not earning that much money from my paper round.
Back to top Go down
atla rose
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster
atla rose

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Primary Character's Name: atla rose
Primary Profession: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars   World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 4:54 am

lol ant im gonna be getting £200 a month once i get this other weekday one and WoW is really good and well worth the money plus you pay £30 for a guild wars game and your getting a PS3 but cant afford £90 a year?
Back to top Go down
WoodyBoy
Elite Member
Elite Member
WoodyBoy

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars   World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 5:17 am

Yeah now I think about it £90 or so a year doesn't seem that much when I compare to what I earn on my round a year.

But I'll be buying a PS3 when it comes out and will be playing that instead Smile
Back to top Go down
Litle Healing Monk
Officer
Officer
Litle Healing Monk

Male Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2006-11-15

Primary Character's Name: Litle Healing Monk
Primary Profession: Monk

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars   World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 5:27 am

I have heard that Guild Wars will take the lead of the number of players.. because of the new update of WoW.. it took a player 28hours to come from level 60 - 70

GW gets a new game every half year so we get loads of players..
And WoW get a new game every 2nd or 3th year
Back to top Go down
Dragonian
Administrator
Administrator
Dragonian

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars   World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 6:54 am

Little ur very wrong...

WoW get a update every month...and u dont pay for it...and btw The Burning Crusade isnt a new game its a expansion and i really cant see Guild Wars having more than 6 million! players...

Also if anyone plays WoW im on the Spinebreaker realm.

If u want a 10 day trial Pm me on the forum with your e-mail.
Back to top Go down
atla rose
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster
atla rose

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars   World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 7:28 am

what are the basic system requirements for WoW cos ive been following it closely for a while?
Back to top Go down
Dragonian
Administrator
Administrator
Dragonian

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars   World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 11:38 am

Here are the requirements:

- 800Mhz processor;
- 256mb RAM;
- 4Gb Hard Drive space;
- 3D, 32Mb Graphic Card;
- Broad Band Internet.
Back to top Go down
Litle Healing Monk
Officer
Officer
Litle Healing Monk

Male Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2006-11-15

Primary Character's Name: Litle Healing Monk

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars   World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 3:04 pm

uhm drag i really dont need a 10hours thing.. my little brother is playing it..
And a lot of my old freinds does.. (real world)

But thx 4 the offer..
Back to top Go down
Eliwood
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster
Eliwood

Registration date : 2006-11-13

Primary Character's Name: Warrior Eliwood
Primary Profession: Warrior
Level: 16

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars   World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 1:25 am

Dragonian wrote:
Little ur very wrong...

WoW get a update every month...and u dont pay for it...and btw The Burning Crusade isnt a new game its a expansion and i really cant see Guild Wars having more than 6 million! players...

Also if anyone plays WoW im on the Spinebreaker realm.

If u want a 10 day trial Pm me on the forum with your e-mail.
Ur even more wrong Drag
it's more like every 2-3weeks
Back to top Go down
matthew x
Elite Member
Elite Member
matthew x

Male Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2006-10-15

Primary Character's Name: Matthew x

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars   World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 2:38 am

woody, if your gunna pay £50 just for one ps3 game then u might aswell pay £90 for a whole years gaming.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/turner495
Dragonian
Administrator
Administrator
Dragonian

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars   World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 3:10 am

Little Healing Monk wrote:
uhm drag i really dont need a 10hours thing.. my little brother is playing it..
And a lot of my old freinds does.. (real world)

But thx 4 the offer..

No problem and its actually 10 days not 10 hours Very Happy

And Little have u ever tried WoW?

(Sticky updated cause of Eliwood and Little)
Back to top Go down
matthew x
Elite Member
Elite Member
matthew x

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars   World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 10:44 am

i just found a world of war craft episode of south park, i thought it was pretty funny but i think it contains some bad language. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX_64WglHGc
Back to top Go down
WoodyBoy
Elite Member
Elite Member
WoodyBoy

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars   World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 10:48 am

Yeah its called Make Love Not Warcraft and its about some dude who is ruining their WoW game and they set out to stop him.
Back to top Go down
atla rose
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster
atla rose

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars   World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 11:16 am

woody you need to get a life if you know that of the top your head
Back to top Go down
WoodyBoy
Elite Member
Elite Member
WoodyBoy

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars   World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 11:51 am

Lol i hadn't even seen it!

Lol i just watched it and it was brilliant. And people said South Park was losing its touch. That was funny even for a season 10 episode. i knew that off the top of my head aswell Wink

Also the episode really showed off WoW. i like it that you can have different races although the little things and the elves look like cartoons drawn by a five year old on steroids
Back to top Go down
matthew x
Elite Member
Elite Member
matthew x

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars   World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 12:07 pm

yeah after watching it i really wanna buy WoW
Back to top Go down
WoodyBoy
Elite Member
Elite Member
WoodyBoy

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars   World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 12:14 pm

Are u gonna buy it matt? cos I might try that trial Drag sent us, if I've still got it, I think i may hvae clicked empty inbox but hopefully I havn't.

.:Update:.

Yes i do still have it Smile
Back to top Go down
matthew x
Elite Member
Elite Member
matthew x

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars   World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 12:42 pm

well i figured out (with my genius maths skills :S) that can easily afford it, but i wanna try the 10 day trial first. i downloaded it and now i just gave to install it.
Back to top Go down
WoodyBoy
Elite Member
Elite Member
WoodyBoy

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars   World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 12:49 pm

I went on the webby and it I worked out that the subscription fee is a minimum of £92 a year while the most expensive sunscription offer is about £107 a year. Plus u gotta buy it first which is only like £15 now
Back to top Go down
Nexus Pilot
Elite Member
Elite Member
Nexus Pilot

Male Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2006-11-05

Primary Character's Name: Nexus Pilot
Primary Profession:

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars   World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 3:03 pm

send me 1 again please , i lost my other! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/nexuspilot
atla rose
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster
atla rose

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars   World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 3:17 pm

ill take one i you dont mind drag
Back to top Go down
matthew x
Elite Member
Elite Member
matthew x

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars   World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 3:59 pm

y dont u just go on the web site and get it yourselfs, its very simple.
Back to top Go down
William Knight
Administrator
Administrator
William Knight

Male Number of posts : 235

Primary Character's Name: William Knight

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars   World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 5:16 pm

GW purist all the way.
Its free and i still find it fun, its a pleasure to play everytime cus i dont have much time to play on it. If i got WoW then i wouldnt be able to play most of the time and it wouldnt be worth the money.

There could be a few innovative GW updates to make armour more variable, (posibly like the induvidual armour changes you can make in Neverwinter nights) and different races might be cool but the lore wouldnt allow it.

I love GW and because a lot of people are leaving to go to WoW i feel a certain resentment towards it. I totally dont feel the resentment towards any of you guys that play it, but i feel like its the evil capitalist version and GW is for the people.

Plus im a poor student living off a government loan, no job and living about 200miles from home. (and GW)
Back to top Go down
Uritaniun
Elite Member
Elite Member
Uritaniun

Male Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2006-09-26

Primary Character's Name: Uritaniun Louval

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars   World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 1:51 am

YOUR ALL FUCKNG TRATORS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars   World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World of Warcraft VS Guild Wars
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next